Welcome!


This blog shares information on upcoming events, important dates, and updates about McCoy College of Business.

Be sure to "follow" this blog by clicking the button below and check out our Twitter and Facebook accounts to stay connected.

Monday, August 24, 2015

August Back to School Student Organization Spotlight: Enactus


Get to know Nicholas Jones, President of Enactus and MBA student.
ENACTUS is a global, non-profit organization that is literally changing the world through highly dedicated student teams on more than 1600 university campuses in 40 countries. ENACTUS offers these students the opportunity to develop leadership, teamwork and communication skills through learning, practicing and teaching the principles of free enterprise, thereby improving the standard of living for millions in the process.


Q: How will your major and ENACTUS help you reach your goals?
I am currently studying to receive my MBA and I believe that ENACTUS has helped me grow as a student and a young professional. I have always wanted to develop myself as a leader who is organized, efficient and hard on the task but easy on the people. Through our many projects and my experience in the organization, I believe that ENACTUS has helped me build a foundation that will allow me to continue to develop and reach my goals.

Q: What resource on campus do you recommend for students to utilize?
I recommend that students utilize each other. The development of young professionals within student run organizations is, in my opinion, unparalleled to any other service on campus. When students are tasked with responsibility and accountability for their own organizations, they can then begin to grow, learn and flourish into the young professional that they wish to become.

Q: What has been the most meaningful part of your McCoy Experience?
The most meaningful part of my McCoy Experience has been my ability to interact with students, faculty and staff while being apart of my various student organizations. I credit most of my development to student organizations and having the ability to network with the various faculty and staff within McCoy.

Q: What makes your organization special/unique?
Our organization is special/unique because we are built on the foundation of strengthening our surrounding communities through our project work. Like most other organizations, we also attend national competitions, but that is just to showcase the economic, environmental and humanitarian improvement we are making in our community and around the globe.

Q: What is something you wish someone would’ve told you before you started your college journey?
I wish someone would have told me that is it okay to not know what you want to do. College is the time to explore and figure out what you are passionate about, the time to branch out and network with every student, faculty and staff member that you can, and the time to have an open-mind about anything and everything.

Q: How can students join your organization?
In order to join our organization, students go through an interview process and are then approved for registration. To sign up for an interview, students just need to sign up for a time slot about 1 month before spring/fall registration and that sheet is located outside of office 419 in McCoy, which is the office to our advisor Vicki West. 



Website: http://www.business.txstate.edu/sife/
Instagram: texasstateenactus
Twitter: @txstenactus