Welcome!


This blog shares information on upcoming events, important dates, and updates about McCoy College of Business.

Be sure to "follow" this blog by clicking the button below and check out our Twitter and Facebook accounts to stay connected.

Monday, February 24, 2014

McCoy College welcomes new Management advisor, Courtney Cross

 

Where is your Hometown?
I was born in Norristown, PA, but moved to Austin, TX when I was 4 years old. I consider Austin my hometown since I did most of my “growing up” there.


What was your major(s)/degree(s) and where did you go to school? 
I graduated from the University of Texas at Austin in 2001 with a Bachelor of Arts degree with a major in Psychology and a minor in Business.
 
 
Why did you pursue a career in higher education? 
My interest in pursuing a career in higher education is rooted in my own personal experiences. During my undergraduate years, I became aware of the factors that shape, influence, and sometimes inhibit the academic progress of students. Working in advising, I have gained the knowledge and professional experience to help students navigate through their academic careers. I feel privileged to work with students and enjoy watching them develop and make connections between their academic interests and personal goals.


What is your favorite part of working for Texas State University? 
My favorite part of working for Texas State University is definitely the students. I love seeing them grow both personally and professionally throughout their academic career. Knowing I can contribute to their development means the world to me. 
 
 
What “words of wisdom” would you like to share with students? 
“What you do today can improve all your tomorrows” – Take advantage of all the resources the University has to offer. There are so many you can utilize including the writing center, math lab, SLAC, professors, career services, and academic advisors. We want to see you succeed!!

 
Tell us a random fact about yourself: 
My husband and I are huge 49ers fans. We went to the Super Bowl in 2013 to cheer on the 49ers and hope to see them return soon!
 
 
 
Courtney advises Management majors, last names I-Z. Call the advising center at (512) 245-1993 to schedule your appointment!